Transperth the top tip for NY resolution
Transperth has scheduled dozens of extra bus, train and ferry services over New Year to help people get safely to and from their celebrations.
This includes New Year’s Day travel to and from Perth Arena (for the Hopman Cup) and Ascot Racecourse (for the Perth Cup).
New Year’s Eve (Tue Dec 31)
Normal timetable services will be running through the day, but there are lots of extra buses, trains and ferries scheduled for the evening, running into New Year’s Day. Some bus routes may be affected by road closures in Northbridge, Scarborough, Mandurah and Rockingham.
As has been the case in recent years, trains will run through most of the night.
• To Perth: every 30 minutes until 10.50pm, then about every 15 minutes (11.03pm, 11.20pm, 11.33pm, 11.48pm, 12.03am, 12.18am, 12.33am, 12.48am, 1.03am, 1.18am, 1.33am) until 2.03am, then 3.03am and 4.05am
• To Mandurah: every 30 minutes until 11.45pm, every 15 minutes until 2.30am, then 3.03am, 4.03am and 5.08am
• To Perth: every 30 minutes until 11.08pm, every 15 minutes until 1.53am, then 2.23am, 3.23am and 4.23am
• To Clarkson: every 30 minutes until 11.45pm, every 15 minutes until 2.30am, then 3.03am, 4.03am and 5.08am
• To Perth: every 30 minutes until 12.17am, then every 15 minutes until 1.47am
• To Armadale: every 30 minutes until 11.33pm, every 15 minutes until 2.15am, then 3am, 4.05am and 5.05am
• To Perth: every 30 minutes until 11.49pm
• To Thornlie: every 30 minutes until 11.51pm
• To Perth: every 15 minutes until 3am, then 3.35am, 4.35am and 5.35am
• To Fremantle: every 15 minutes until 2.15am, then 3am, 4am and 5am
• To Perth: every 30 minutes until midnight, then every 15 minutes until 1.30am
• To Midland: every 30 minutes until 11.30pm, every 15 minutes until 2.15am, then 3am, 4.05am and 5.05am
Bus services are boosted on a number of routes before and after midnight. In most instances, these run through to final departures at 1.30am-2.30am, with services to and from key areas until 4am, and the last Circle Route 99 leaving Fremantle at 4.05am.
Ferries operate on a weekday timetable until 10.15pm from Barrack Street and 10.30pm from Mends Street, then every 30 minutes on the quarter-hour from Barrack Street (until 12.45am) and on the half-hour from Mends Street (until 1am).
Hopman Cup at Perth Arena
All through this week, the Hopman Cup is being held at Perth Arena, which is a short walk from the Wellington Street Bus Station and the Perth and Underground train stations.
The entire Hopman Cup season is joint-ticketed, which means that all Transperth travel during the event and for three hours before and after, is included in the cost of the ticket. This offer is accessed only by production of a valid ticket, which means that patrons who pick up their ticket at Perth Arena cannot claim their entitlement on the way to the event. Note that, on New Year’s Eve there are no afternoon-evening matches, and on New Year’s Day, matches start at 5.45pm.
New Year’s Day (Wed Jan 1)
Other than the NY Eve specials running into the early hours of the morning – and some arrangements to cater for the events listed below – all bus, train and ferry services (including the Perth and Fremantle CATs) will run on a normal (Sunday-public holiday) timetable on New Year’s Day.
There will be no Joondalup CAT.
Perth Cup Day at Ascot
To cater for racegoers Circle Route buses will service Ascot in both directions until around 7pm (6.57pm to Fremantle and 7.08pm to Morley). Note that trains no longer service Belmont Park Station.
A private charter service (#698) will leave the Esplanade Busport (Stand B7) every 15 minutes from 9.45am until 1.30pm, picking up at Wellington Street Bus Station (Stand C5), Belmont Racecourse car park, Burswood Station and Ascot Racecourse. Return services from Ascot start at 3.30pm, through until 7.45pm. Further information on the private shuttle can be obtained from Perth Racing on 9277.0777.
Late night trains will have extra capacity, and extra services are scheduled on selected nights.
Thursday January 2 2013
All train, ferry and bus services (including the Perth, Fremantle and Joondalup CATs) operate as normal.
Note that normal fares apply on all the festive season services.
Further information is available by calling Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13 or from the website www.transperth.wa.gov.au