Shovels are in the ground as construction commenced today on the new $32 million METRONET Mandurah Station multi-storey carpark.
- METRONET Byford Rail Extension business case submitted to Infrastructure Australia
- Location of Byford Station confirmed, close to Byford Town Centre
- Works start in November on the Thomas Road level crossing project
- New Australind platform and extended pedestrian overpass at Armadale Station
- Another METRONET project underway, supporting local WA jobs
Works on the $716 million Thornlie-Cockburn Link are progressing well, with almost 500 workers now engaged on the project and further jobs to be created as construction ramps up.
West Australians are being urged to think about their behaviour around railway lines after more than 740 trespass incidents were recorded on Transperth’s rail network in the last financial year.
- One kilometre of track for Forrestfield-Airport Link project now in place
- Heralds new stage of works and an important step towards completion of the project
- 2,400 tonnes of Australian-manufactured steel to be used to build the track
- Tracklaying and rail infrastructure works to support more than 100 additional jobs
- Seven METRONET projects underway in 2020, supporting jobs and local businesses