• Significant works now under way to prepare for the 18-month Armadale Train Line shutdown
• Three temporary bus interchanges and around 1.2km of priority bus lanes to be built
• Train services will continue to operate between Victoria Park and Perth, with a bus replacement network operating to Armadale
• Key arterial routes to be fitted with new technology including Bluetooth receivers and CCTV cameras
• Innovative proposals invited to transform proposed Karnup Train Station precinct
• 35ha of land suitable for new homes, jobs, community facilities and parks
• Partnership between State and private sector
• Market-led Proposals policy updated to clarify Problem and Opportunity Statement process
The first 2.7 kilometres of track has been laid on the Yanchep Rail Extension Project, which is set to transform Perth's northern suburbs and give more than 150,000 residents transport options in and around Perth.
Transperth is recognising the sacrifice made by the men and women of our armed forces by providing them with free travel all day on ANZAC Day (Tuesday, April 25).
• Government allocates $125 million towards electric bus program in 2023-24 State Budget
• Funding complements $125 million commitment from Federal Government
• $250 million program will deliver 130 new locally-built electric buses and depot upgrades including charging infrastructure
• Initial $22 million to buy 18 new electric buses and install charging infrastructure at Elizabeth Quay Bus Station