The PTA was formed under the Public Transport Authority Act 2003 and the Public Transport Authority Regulations 2003.
While not a comprehensive list, below is some of the key legislation that also governs the PTA.
For further information or to view this legislation, please visit the State Law Publisher website.
- Government Railways Act 1904
- Rail Freight System Act 2000
- Rail Safety National Law (WA) Act 2015
- Railways (Access) Act 1998
- Public Works Act 1902
- Industrial Relations Act 1979
- Minimum Conditions of Employment Act 1993
- Equal Opportunity Act 1984
- Public Sector Management Act 1994
- Financial Management Act 2006
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984
- Workers Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981
- Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972
- Conservation and Land Management Act 1984
- Contaminated Sites Act 2003
- Environmental Protection Act 1986
- Heritage of Western Australia Act 1990
- Interpretation Act 1984