- Business case for METRONET Automatic Train Control project submitted to Infrastructure Australia
- Long-term investment to allow more trains to run more often
- Meets Infrastructure Australia recommendation to invest in existing infrastructure
- Key part of delivering METRONET and meeting Perth's future growth needs
- Last of 78 B-series railcar sets about to enter service
- Procurement underway on $1.6 billion project to deliver 246 new C-series railcars
- Target of at least 50 per cent local manufacturing for C-series railcars
- Future railcars to be assembled at new METRONET facility in Bellevue
- METRONET's C-Series project will create hundreds of local jobs
- People seeking asylum now have access to concession fares on public transport
- Will greatly improve ability to access health, education and other community services
- Eligible applicants will be issued concession fare-enabled SmartRiders
- Australia is currently celebrating Refugee Week which runs to Saturday, June 22
This year’s WA Day Festival’s new home - Burswood Park - is set to be transformed into a hive of activity over two fun-filled days (Sunday June 2 and Monday June 3).
Thousands of motorists are flouting the law and driving in bus priority lanes illegally each day.