Every year there are more than 150 million passenger journeys on our metropolitan and regional network. To ensure everyone gets home safely, passenger security is paramount.
Security at stations and on board services
Some of the security measures we have in place across our system include:
- A sophisticated CCTV system with thousands of cameras across our train and bus stations and within buses, trains and ferries – all feeding into the central monitoring room, monitored 24/7.
- Emergency call buttons, linked back to the central monitoring room, on all trains and platforms.
- Long-range PA systems on train stations, enabling central monitoring room officers to speak to people displaying anti-social behaviour.
- Major upgrades to station lighting.
- Secure paid car parking at select Transperth train stations.
- Free and secure bike shelters at select Transperth stations.
We have a team of approximately 400 specially-trained transit officers who patrol our services and stations to ensure passenger safety. The team in our central monitoring room operate 24/7 to monitor the feeds from the thousands of security cameras located across our system. They can arrange for a response to incidents as, and often before, they occur. We also have a large number of security and other customer-service personnel who are on hand to offer help whenever our passengers need it.
Travelling safely on our system
For more information on travelling safely on our metropolitan system visit the Transperth website