- Mandurah train line from Aubin Grove to Elizabeth Quay will temporarily close from December 26 to January 14
- Replacement buses will run between affected train stations and Perth CBD
- Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre transformed into pop-up bus station
- Commuters urged to plan ahead and allow additional time for journey
- Shutdown to facilitate major works on the METRONET Thornlie-Cockburn Link
A key milestone has been reached on two major projects, with preferred proponents announced to design and build the Byford Rail Extension and Victoria Park-Canning Level Crossing Removal projects.
- New Perth CAT bus stops installed along the popular Red and Blue routes
- Stops now operating at Kings Park, Elizabeth Quay, Northbridge and Matagarup Bridge
- Red CAT operating hours expanded to 9pm Sunday to Thursday and to midnight on Friday and Saturday
- New Purple CAT route to service QEII Medical Centre and UWA starting in February
- The iconic Prospector train celebrates 50 years of service from Perth to Kalgoorlie
- New competition launched giving five commuters opportunity to win a double return pass
- When launched in 1971 the Prospector cut travel time from 14 hours to 8 hours
- Work underway to deliver Wi-Fi on board to keep up with technological advances
- Refurbishment works at Kalgoorlie Railway Station underway
The $32 million Mandurah Station multi-storey car park has officially opened, providing commuters from across the Peel region with access to almost 1,900 parking bays.