Getting to the Test match with Transperth
The second Test against India will be a first for WA – it will be the inaugural Test match at Optus Stadium.
By definition, therefore, it will be the first time Transperth has provided services to get cricket fans to and from a Test at the new venue.
The Test will run from Friday December 14 to Tuesday December 18 and public transport is included in all tickets to the event.
Reflecting expected attendance numbers, the arrangements differ for each day of the Test and cricket fans are strongly encouraged to plan their journey before they travel.
Unlike AFL arrangements, the suburban event bus network will not be operating, but there are a number of timetabled services that passengers can take as an alternative:
Friday and Saturday (December 14 and 15)
- Route 661 to Matagarup Bridge Bus Stands (MBBS) will operate on a 3-10 minute frequency between 8am and 10am, before the days’ play, and on a three-minute frequency for one hour after stumps.
- Trains stopping at Stadium Station depart Perth about every 15 minutes from 5.20am (Friday) and 5.30am (Saturday). After the match, the last train to Perth departs Stadium Station at 8.34pm (Friday) and 2.19am (Saturday).
Sunday (December 16)
- Route 661 to MBBS will operate on a 5-10 minute frequency between 8am and 10am, before the day’s play. Buses will operate on a three-minute frequency for an hour after play.
- Trains stopping at Stadium Station depart Perth about every 15 minutes from 6.30am. After the match, the last train to Perth departs Stadium Station at 12.19am.
Monday and Tuesday (December 17 and 18)
- Trains stopping at Stadium Station depart Perth about every 15 minutes from 6.32am. After the match, the last train to Perth departs Stadium Station at 8.34pm.
There will be no direct Joondalup or Fremantle Line specials on Friday, Monday or Tuesday. Saturday and Sunday will have direct specials operating before and after the match.
Moore Street level crossing closure:
- The pedestrian and level crossing on Moore St will be closed between 9am and 8pm (Friday), 8am and 8pm (Saturday), 9am and 7pm (Sunday), and 4pm and 7pm (Monday and Tuesday). Pedestrians can use the McIver Station underpass at the east end of the station.
Thornlie Line closure:
- Trains will be cancelled on the Thornlie Line between 4.37pm and 7.47pm on the Saturday.
McIver and Claisebrook Station closures:
- Trains on the Armadale and Midland lines will not stop at Claisebrook or McIver stations after the match between 5.32pm and 7.16pm (Saturday) and 5.32pm and 7.02pm (Sunday) – train replacement buses will operate.
For more information and to plan your journey, visit the Transperth website.