- Final contract negotiations underway to build new METRONET public transport operations control centre
- Centre will support High Capacity Signalling project to enable more trains to run more often
- Funding for Public Transport Operations Control Centre and METRONET's High Capacity Signalling projects allocated in 2021-22 State Budget
- Nine METRONET projects currently under construction with one project completed
Midland Junction Alliance (McConnell Dowell Constructors, Georgiou Group, Arcadis Australia and BG&E) has been named the preferred proponent to deliver the new METRONET Midland Station.
- Caledonian Level Crossing in Maylands to close permanently in first half of 2022
- Closure necessary in preparation for Forrestfield-Airport Link to begin operating next year
- $15 million allocated as part of 2021-22 State Budget to upgrade key roads, improve safety and facilitate traffic flow
- McGowan Labor Government progressing program of level crossing removals on rail network
The next phase of community consultation for the Swan River Crossings Project is now underway.
- Name chosen for Thornlie-Cockburn Link micro tunnel boring machine (MTBM)
- 'Jana' picked from more than 1,300 entries, inspired by Coogee teenager
- MTBM Jana will drill twin 100 metre tunnels under the existing freight rail corridor