• Belmont Park Station to close at end of 2013 race season
• To be replaced with Stadium Station, which will service the new Perth Stadium when it opens in 2018
• Stadium Station to feature three island platforms to move 28,000 people by train within one hour of completion of an event
- The first of 22 new three-car train sets has arrived in Perth
- Part of a $243million investment in railcars to boost the network
- All train line passengers to share the benefits with new trains on the Transperth network in coming months
The AvonLink train between Northam and Perth is to be replaced with a road coach service, which will operate twice as often as the train.