Bus changes in south-east metro area
From today, Transperth will implement service changes to a number of bus routes servicing the south-eastern metropolitan area.
The changes, which reflect Transperth’s monitoring of customer feedback and patronage, affect route numbers 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 39, 71, 72, 73, 103, 104 and 555, and include:
- A 15-minute service during the day on route 72 (from the Perth City Busport to Curtin University) with trips extending to Cannington every half-hour during the middle of the day on weekdays and Saturdays
- A 15-minute service between Cannington and Curtin University via routes 34 and 72 during the day on weekdays
- Half-hour frequency during the day on route 72 on Sundays
- A 10-minute service between the Perth City Busport and the University of WA on weekdays during the day
- A 10-minute service between St Georges Terrace and West Perth on weekdays during the day
- Services between Labouchere Road and the Perth City Busport are improved to a 15-minute service during the day on weekdays and half-hourly on weeknights, Saturdays and Sundays via route 30 and a new route 31
- A new route 35 from Curtin University to the Perth City Busport, combining with route 33 through Kensington providing an improved half-hourly frequency during the day on weekdays. On Sundays, route 33 operates hourly
- Additional services on route 34 on weekdays, half-hourly on Saturdays and hourly on Sundays between Curtin University and Perth
Transperth acting director Mark Burgess said anyone who used these services could get a new timetable on the bus, from Transperth’s Information Centres in Perth, or through the organisation’s website (www.transperth.wa.gov.au).
”This review reflects Transperth’s commitment to providing residents with more frequent services and improved public transport options – the changes provide better access for students travelling to Curtin University from Perth and Cannington,” Mr Burgess said.
For further information regarding these service improvements, please contact the Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13 (TTY:9428 1999) or visit www.transperth.wa.gov.au