To accommodate additional railcars that will be delivered in mid-2022, Nowergup Depot was upgraded in 2020. The following upgrades were made:
- Construction of a new maintenance building to service B-series rail cars
- 370m of wired rail track through the new maintenance building
- Associated overhead mast and wiring works
- 200m of unwired rail track to store maintenance machines
- A new 800m train drivers’ footpath
Check out a time lapse of the works undertaken in 2020.
Upcoming works at Nowergup Depot will include:
- The construction of two additional stabling roads to the west of the facility to provide stabling for an additional 18 three-car sets or eight six-car sets, or a combination of both
- Construction of temporary accommodation and storage for railcar maintenance providers
- Amendments to the new maintenance building to accommodate the c-series railcars
All works are expected to complete in early 2022.