Service disruptions on Fremantle and Midland lines
Midland and Fremantle Line passengers are being warned to plan ahead if they intend to travel on October 31, due to disruptions caused by ANZAC Centenary commemorations.
A heritage diesel train, commemorating the journey from Blackboy Hill near Mundaring to Fremantle taken by Western Australian troops a century ago, will travel along the Transperth network on Friday October 31.
Transperth spokesman David Hynes said the train would travel along the Transperth network between Midland and Fremantle between about 10am and 11am.
“To allow the train safe passage, the electricity that powers our urban system must be turned off,” Mr Hynes said.
“That means train services on the Midland and Fremantle Lines will be altered or cancelled between approximately 9.30 and 11.15am.
“School children and members of the community have been invited to ‘wave to the troops’ at stations along the way, and we are expecting a significant number at Fremantle Station in particular.
“However, we’d like to remind passengers – those attending the commemorations, and those who simply plan to use the Transperth system on October 31 – that there will be a few hours of disruption to services.”
There will be no rail replacement buses during the disruption, as all spare Transperth vehicles will be assisting with local travel in and around Albany.
All passengers planning travel on Transperth services on October 31 should visit the Transperth website here or call the InfoLine on 136213.
A full list of the disruptions follows.
Perth to Midland
• Departing Perth at 9.30am will be altered to terminate at Bassendean.
Midland to Perth
• Departing Midland at 10.00am will be cancelled
• Departing Midland at 10.15am will be cancelled
• Departing Midland at 10.30am will be altered to depart Midland 10.37am.
Perth to Fremantle
• Departing Perth at 10.00am will be altered to terminate at Loch St
• Departing Perth at 10.15am will be cancelled
• Departing Perth at 10.30am will be cancelled
• Departing Perth at 10.45am will be cancelled
• Departing Perth at 11.00am will be altered to depart Perth 11.05am.
Fremantle to Perth
• Departing Fremantle at 10.27am will be altered to start at North Fremantle at 10.30am
• Departing Fremantle at 10.42am will be altered to start at Loch St at 10.58am
• Departing Fremantle at 10.57am will be altered to start at Loch St at 11.13am