How are you getting home this festive season?
Perth residents are being urged to plan their ride home before heading out over the Christmas and New Year period.
Transport Minister Dean Nalder today announced the start of the ‘Plan Before You Party’ festive season campaign, which aims to educate the public about transport options available over the Christmas and New Year period.
“You can plan your trip home just as carefully as you plan your night out by accessing a range of transport options to get you home over the festive season, including taxis, trains, buses and ferries,” Mr Nalder said.
“Revellers can download the Transperth App to help them plan their journey. And remember - using public transport for at least one leg of your journey can also help make your night out more cost effective.
“Transperth buses, trains and ferries operate right through the festive season, with extra services on New Year’s Eve. Public transport times do change over the festive season, so be sure to plan in advance.
“Perth’s taxi and small charter operators are also ramping up their services over this period. If people are considering taking taxis, consider booking in advance, using designated taxi ranks or booking a small chartered vehicle.”
A few simple rules to make catching a taxi safe and enjoyable for you and your driver include being patient. Expect delays at peak times (1am-4am on Saturdays and Sundays) due to high demand. Wait in a well-lit and populated area where possible, and only use properly licensed taxis and small charter vehicles.
To view the transport options, visit: http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/taxis or for public transport information go to http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au
- There are 2,217 taxis in the Perth metropolitan area and 725 small charter vehicles
- All Perth metropolitan taxis are fitted with camera surveillance units, which comprise internal and external cameras and in-cabin audio recording
- Secure ranks, located in busy entertainment precincts and patrolled by trained security staff late at night, can be found at Milligan and William streets, Perth and Henderson Street, Fremantle
- Patrons should only use properly licensed taxis and small charter vehicles
- For more information, visit http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/partywise