Government Traineeship Program
We are always on the look-out for energetic, motivated and enthusiastic young people (24 years of age and under) who want to kick-start their career by completing a metropolitan-based government traineeship.
Our twelve-month paid traineeships allow you to grow personally and learn a range of administrative skills that can be used throughout your working life.
During your traineeship you will complete a Certificate II, III or IV in Government through on-the-job training. As a trainee, you will learn how to:
- Work effectively and efficiently within a WA public sector agency
- Work within a team environment
- Use a range of workplace communication strategies
- Use and access resources and financial systems
- Work effectively with people from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Use office equipment and technology - and much, much more.
You will earn between $295.12 to $679.90 per week, depending on your age and highest year of schooling completed.
Upon completion of your traineeship, you may be eligible for ongoing employment with the PTA. Alternatively you could be referred to the Traineeship Transition to Employment, Recruitment and Referral Service (TTERRS) and placed in the Public Sector Commission's recruitment pool for twelve months.
To be considered for a government traineeship you need to meet the following criteria:
- 24 years of age or under
- Australian citizen or permanent resident currently living in Western Australia
- Minimum completion of Year 10 or equivalent
How to apply?
The Public Sector Commission (PSC) coordinates the registration process for the Government Traineeship Program. For further information on how to apply, please visit the PSC website.
Traineeships are advertised by the PSC annually on the WA Government Jobs website.