The $1.8 million Greenwood Station Shelter Upgrade will improve passengers' experience by increasing the covered area on platforms from 20 to 60 per cent. This will ensure that public transport is a viable option regardless of weather conditions.
The planned upgrade will bring Greenwood Station's facilities into line with others along the Joondalup Line and improve safety by reducing crowding near the covered stairs.
The project will involve:
- Building of a high quality grade station shelter, covering up to 60 per cent of each platform;
- Install CCTV
- Install lighting
- Install a public speaker system
- Provide drainage facilities
All effort will be made to minimise the project’s impact on rail services and road users along the Mitchell Freeway; changes to access in and around the station and along the Mitchell Freeway will be clearly communicated.
The project will require some disruption of the Mitchell Freeway, as well as out of hours work. Where possible works will be undertaken off-site and assembled on-site in order to minimise patron and traffic impacts.
- Late 2016: Design and construction methodology planning
- Early 2017: Construction begins
- Mid 2017: Construction completed
Stay informed on project progress by emailing email@example.com or registering for project updates.