East Perth Station Upgrade: Current construction impacts
To continue work on the East Perth Station upgrade, the following out-of-hours work is required:
- Sunday evenings between 10pm and 5am starting 26 February 2017 through to October 2017
Works will take place on an as-needs basis so that construction material can be transferred into the rail reserve, supporting daytime works throughout the week. This needs to take place during these hours to prevent disruption to train services and ensure the safety of the workers, train passengers and the general public.
Please click here for further details of these works.
Temporary weekday pedestrian diversion
In order to facilitate the upgrade, there will be a change to pedestrian access between the Indian Pacific platform/Public Transport Centre and East Perth Station footbridge. This diversion will remain in place until the end of May 2017. Passenger impacts will be as follows:
- Access between the Indian Pacific platform and East Perth Station footbridge will be via the front entrance of the Public Transport Centre (PTC).
- The ACROD parking bays at the southern end of the PTC will be relocated as per the above map.
- Motorcycle parking immediately south of the PTC will be closed, however more parking is available under the footbridge.
- The electrical car-charging station will be disabled until the end of the project.
- The southern end of the East Parade car park will be closed.
Click map to enlarge