To allow the station’s new concourse to be safely craned into position, the pedestrian footbridge crossing the tracks at East Perth Station will now close from 8.30pm to 5.30am on Sunday 2 and Monday 3 June.
As part of these works, the Midland Line will be closed and train replacement buses will operate from East Parade.
- Passengers travelling to or from the west side of the tracks at East Perth Station (Public Transport Centre side), are strongly encouraged to avoid East Perth and use either Claisebrook or Mt Lawley stations.
- Local passengers can also access Transperth services via Routes 41, 42, 48 and 55 from Lord Street, East Perth.
- Community members who wish to cross the tracks can do so at either the Lord Street underpass or the Graham Farmer Freeway pathway (see map above).
For passenger information and to plan your journey, please visit transperth.wa.gov.au. If you are a passenger with mobility issues or a vision impairment and you would like assistance at a train station, please contact our customer service team on 1800 800 22 at least one hour before you intend to travel.
Click map to enlarge
To continue work on the East Perth Station upgrade, the following out-of-hours work is required:
- Friday 30 June to Monday 3 July: 7pm Friday to 5am Monday inclusive.
- Monday 3 to Friday 7 July: 7pm to 7am each night.
- Sunday 9 to Monday 10 July 7am Sunday to 5am Monday inclusive.
- Friday 21 to Monday 24 July: 8pm Friday to 5am Monday inclusive.
- Monday 24 to Friday 28 July: 7pm to 7am each night.
- Friday 28 to Monday 31 July: 8pm Friday to 4am Monday inclusive.
Should train services be impacted, replacement buses will operate from East Parade. For service disruption information please visit transperth.wa.gov.au.
The above works need to take place during these hours to prevent disruption to train services, and to ensure the safety of workers, train passengers and the general public.
Please see the latest impact notice for further details.
In order to allow the delivery and fit out of the new station concourse, a section of the southern car park at the Public Transport Centre (PTC) will be closed. As such, pedestrian access between East Perth Station and the PTC building will be via the Indian Pacific platform only.
This temporary diversion will be in place from Thursday 22 June until Wednesday 5 July.
Click map to enlarge