Midland Line closure October 27 - 29
To continue upgrading the new East Perth Station, buses will replace trains during a two-day closure of the Midland Line during October.
The closure will take place from the evening of Friday October 27 until Sunday October 29.
- All Midland Line passengers will be impacted by the closure.
- All stations between Perth and Midland will be closed.
- Train replacement bus Route 905 will operate during the closure.
For more information on this closure click here and to plan your journey visit the Transperth website.
East Parade car park closure
The East Parade car park will be closed from the evening of Thursday October 26 (12am) and will re-open Monday October 30 by 5am once the Midland Line closure is over.
If you park your vehicle at the East Parade car park please reconsider how you get to the station, or use an alternative station during this period.
Passengers can access the Transperth network via bus routes 41, 42, 48 and 55 from Lord Street, East Perth.
Changes to East Perth Station and Indian Pacific platform access
Those requiring ramp access to East Perth Station, including people with prams or luggage, please be aware of how the following changes may affect you:
The old pedestrian footbridge has been removed and access to the platform is via the new concourse. As the station is still under construction, this concourse is not yet fully accessible.
- Stairs-only access available to or from East Parade.
- Ramp access available on the west side of the station (Public Transport Centre side) and to the platform.
- During line closures, passengers travelling to or from the west side of the tracks, will need to use the stairs at the East Parade entrance to access replacement buses. Alternatively, we recommend using Mt Lawley or Claisebrook stations instead.
- Passengers can also access the Transperth network via bus routes 41, 42, 48 and 55 from Lord Street, East Perth.
- Alternative pedestrian access across the train line is at either the Lord Street underpass or Graham Farmer Freeway pathway.
- Temporary closures to the south end of the Indian Pacific platform are in place. This platform can be accessed via the Public Transport Centre only.
A map of these access changes can be accessed here.
Should you require special assistance at the station, please call our customer service team on 1800 800 022 an hour before you travel. For more information and to plan your journey, visit the Transperth website
Out-of-hours works October
To continue work on the East Perth Station Upgrade, out-of-hours work is required as follows:
- Sunday 1 October from 7am to 7pm.
- Sunday 8 October, 7am to 7pm.
- Sunday 8 to Thursday 12 October, 7pm to 7am each night.
- Friday 13 to Thursday 19 October, 7pm to 7am each night.
- Sunday 22 October, 7am to 7pm.
- Monday 23 to Friday 27 October, 7pm to 7am each night.
- Sunday 29 October, 7am to 7pm.
- Saturday 28 to Monday 30 October, 7pm to 7am each night.
This work is required to take place during these hours to prevent excessive disruption to Midland Line services and ensure the safety of our passengers and the general public.
All works will follow an approved Noise Management Plan, however some disturbance is unavoidable. If you feel there is excessive noise during these works, please contact the Site Supervisor directly on 0428 358 569.
Should train services be impacted, replacement buses will operate from East Parade. For service disruption information please visit transperth.wa.gov.au.