Midland Line closure December 8 – 10
To continue building the new East Perth Station, buses will replace trains during a weekend closure of the Midland Line.
The closure will take place from the evening of Friday December 8 until the evening of Sunday December 10 to facilitate the below works:
- Removing temporary ramp
- Dismantling of temporary platform
- Installing ballast and hand rails
- Installing platform stairs
- Paving and asphalting
- Overhead line works
- Rail grinding
- Moving of rail track and ballast
- Conducting signalling testing and commissioning
- Roofing and cladding works on the canopies
- Earthworks and backfilling
All stations between Perth and Midland will be closed during the works, affecting all Midland Line passengers. Replacement buses will operate during the closure.
The pedestrian overpass from East Parade to the Public Transport Centre will remain open. Pedestrians should allow an extra couple of minutes when crossing the overpass, as traffic management will be in place to escort people through the area.
For more information on this closure click here or visit the Transperth website to plan your journey.
Changes to East Perth Station and Indian Pacific platform access
Those requiring ramp access to East Perth Station, including people with prams or luggage, please be aware of how the following changes may affect you:
The old pedestrian footbridge has been removed and access to the platform is via the new concourse. As the station is still under construction, this concourse is not yet fully accessible.
- Stairs-only access available to or from East Parade.
- Ramp access available on the west side of the station (Public Transport Centre side) and to the platform.
- During line closures, passengers travelling to or from the west side of the tracks, will need to use the stairs at the East Parade entrance to access replacement buses. Alternatively, we recommend using Mt Lawley or Claisebrook stations instead.
- Alternative pedestrian access across the train line is at either the Lord Street underpass or Graham Farmer Freeway pathway.
- Temporary closures to the south end of the Indian Pacific platform are in place. This platform can be accessed via the Public Transport Centre only.
A map of these access changes can be accessed here.
Should you require special assistance at the station, please call our customer service team on 1800 800 022 an hour before you travel.
For more information and to plan your journey, visit the Transperth website
Out-of-hours works December
To continue work on the East Perth Station Upgrade, out-of-hours work is required as follows:
- Monday 4 December – Friday 8 December: 7pm-7am
- Friday 8 December 7pm – Monday 11 December 2017: 6am
- Monday 11 December – Friday 15 December: 7pm-7am
This work is required to take place during these hours to prevent excessive disruption to Midland Line services and ensure the safety of our passengers and the general public.
All works will follow an approved Noise Management Plan, however some disturbance is unavoidable. If you feel there is excessive noise during these works, please contact the Site Supervisor directly on 0428 358 569.
Should train services be impacted, replacement buses will operate from East Parade. For service disruption information please visit transperth.wa.gov.au.