On 20 August, a 52m section of the new platform − at the northern end of the station − will open. There will be a temporary change to the platform gap causing the train to sit lower than the platform.
- When boarding the train, passengers will need to step down into the train. When leaving the train, passengers will need to step up onto the platform.
- The best position to board the train will be from the temporary platform at the northern end of the station.
- Trains arriving at East Perth Station will stop on the new platform, not at the existing platform. Please follow signage for access to the new platform.
If you require special assistance, please call 1800 800 022 at least one hour before you travel.
Out-of-hours works August
To continue work on the East Perth Station Upgrade, out-of-hours work is required as follows:
- Monday 14 August, 9pm to Tuesday 15 August, 5am
- Friday 18 August, 7pm to Sunday 20 August, 7am
- Sunday 20 August to Thursday 24 August, 10pm to 5am each night
- Friday 1 September, 7pm to Monday 4 September, 5am.
This work is required to take place during these hours to prevent excessive disruption to Midland Line services and ensure the safety of our passengers and the general public.
All works will follow an approved Noise Management Plan, however some disturbance is unavoidable. If you feel there is excessive noise during these works, please contact the Site Supervisor directly on 0428 358 569.
Should train services be impacted, replacement buses will operate from East Parade. For service disruption information please visit transperth.wa.gov.au.