Construction of the permanent road network in and around High Wycombe Station commenced in early January. Some of the roadworks will be completed within the construction site boundary, however changes to the active road network are also required.
The roadworks include:
- upgrade of a section of Dundas Road (north and south of the station)
- a new roundabout at the intersection of Dundas and Maida Vale roads
- a new T-intersection along Maida Vale Road
- a new section of road linking Ibis Place and Sultana Road West
- access roads for buses to the station.
View a map outlining external and internal roadworks.
The following road closure is currently in place:
- Maida Vale Road between Dundas Road and Everitt Place. Access to homes and businesses will remain open to local traffic. Please follow traffic management signage in the area.
While every effort is made to minimise disruption to residents, a range of earthmoving equipment has to be used, and construction noise and some vibration is expected. We apologise for any disruption caused.
With the station building construction and fit-out nearing completion, activity has moved to the forecourt where paving works and the construction of planter boxes are taking shape.
Revegetation has also started along the embankment between the platform and Dundas Road, with a colourful selection of native tube stock in the ground ready to flourish come spring.
Further north, at the corner of Dundas and Maida Vale roads, construction of the station's 1200-bay multi-deck car park has been completed.