With approximately 72 kilometres of new passenger rail and up to 18 new stations, METRONET is a catalyst to turn over 5,000 hectares of land around new stations to desirable places for investment in housing, jobs and services for growing communities.
As one of the largest single investments in public transport that the city has seen, METRONET will help positively change how people live and travel in Perth.
METRONET Stage One includes:
- Completing the Forrestfield-Airport Link
- Extending the Joondalup Line to Yanchep
- Linking Thornlie and Cockburn Central stations
- Planning and building the new Morley-Ellenbrook Line
- Extending the Armadale Line to Byford
- Relocating Midland Station and extending the Midland Line to Bellevue
- Building a new station at Karnup on the Mandurah Line
- Starting a program to remove level crossings on the Armadale and Midland lines
- Procuring next generation of railcars, which is identified as a Strategic Project under the WA Jobs Act 2017, which has additional requirements for local job creation.
- Planning for alternative transport options to better connect communities
- Investigating increasing passenger parking at Mandurah Station
More information about METRONET projects will be available as each project progresses through planning and development.
Visit the METRONET website