The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast-growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to establish a pool of suitably qualified candidates with demonstrated in-depth field experience in signalling systems in a railway safety environment. Depending on the position, successful applicants will have specific experience that includes designing, constructing, commissioning, maintaining and/or fault finding of modern signalling and train control systems.
The Network and Infrastructure division currently have three Level 5 vacancies and one Level 6 vacancy to fill within the Signals branch at the PTA. They are as follows:
- Level 6 Senior Signals Engineer - Permanent appointment
- Level 5 Signals Engineer - Permanent appointment
- Level 5 Signals System Engineer – Permanent appointment
- Level 5 Rail Systems Engineer – Permanent appointment
The above roles are involved in a range of functions as listed below
- Signalling design including writing standards, undertaking design and verification of relay based / processor based interlockings
- Testing and commissioning of signalling systems and undertaking Functional tester, Principle’s tester and Tester in Charge roles
- Project engineering roles which involve engineering leadership of a number of signalling projects
- Maintenance engineering including undertaking of Root cause analysis, reliability analysis, development of technical maintenance instructions, undertaking type approvals etc
- Rail systems including train control, Automatic train protection equipment
These positions attract a salary range of:
Level 5, SOA, $94,247 - $110,598 pa plus 10.5% superannuation
Level 6, SOA, $109,330 - $128,625 pa plus 10.5% superannuation
This is a pool recruitment process where suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which permanent full-time appointments will be made within the next 12 months. Offers may be made on a permanent or fixed term basis with possible extensions and/or permanency.
Please note: Open to non-permanent Residents/Citizens. We will offer assistance with relocation and visa sponsorship for suitably qualified and experienced international candidates who meet the criteria.
Why Perth, Western Australia
Did you know Perth is the sunniest state capital averaging 3,000 hours of sunshine per year – that’s around 300 days per year with great weather around beautiful beaches, parks, cafes and bars! With a world class public transport, and almost everything relative quickly accessible by good road infrastructure, Perth offers an exceptionally high standard of living! For the PTA employees our headquarters is only 30 minutes from beautiful coastal beaches and 5 minutes from the CBD.
In addition, you will be working in the friendly and professional environment of the Network and Infrastructure division, where there are many opportunities for career development plus making a difference to the lives of Western Australians for now and generations to come!
Please contact Chetan Watel, Signalling Engineering Manager on (08) 9326 2126 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.