METRONET is the long term blueprint to connect our suburbs, reduce road congestion and meet Perth's future planning needs. The job-creating project will see transport investment as a vehicle for positive land-use planning.
METRONET will ensure that consideration of land-use outcomes is embedded in the design of new infrastructure to lay the groundwork for vibrant new communities.
METRONET Stage One includes:
- Completing the Forrestfield-Airport Link
- Extending the Joondalup Line to Yanchep
- Linking Thornlie and Cockburn Central stations
- Planning and building the new Morley-Ellenbrook Line
- Extending the Armadale Line to Byford
- Relocating Midland Station and extending the Midland Line to Bellevue
- Building a new station at Karnup on the Mandurah Line
- Starting a program to remove level crossings on the Armadale and Midland lines
- Procuring next generation of railcars, which is identified as a Strategic Project under the WA Jobs Act 2017, which has additional requirements for local job creation.
- Planning for alternative transport options to better connect communities
- Investigating increasing passenger parking at Mandurah Station
More information about METRONET projects will be available as each project progresses through planning and development.
Visit the METRONET website