In 2010 the State Government made the commitment to extend the Joondalup Line to the suburb of Butler will provide a valuable service to Perth’s rapidly growing north-west suburbs.
Features of the project include:
- A park ’n’ ride station with approximately 930 car bays
- 11 new buses to provide feeder services into Butler and Clarkson stations
- Opportunity to positively influence land use around the station as a Transit Oriented Development
- Four additional railcars have been acquired to accommodate the extra passengers
- Three road-over-rail bridges at Landbeach Boulevard, Benenden Avenue and the future Butler Boulevard.
With more than 2,000 passengers expected to board at Butler Station every day, the project will also help ease pressure on the Mitchell Freeway and major road corridors.
For more information, email email@example.com
Click here to watch other Butler Extension Project videos.