Transperth passengers happy with service
The 2016 Transperth Passenger Satisfaction Monitor has found an average of nine in 10 passengers are happy with the services.
Announcing the survey findings today, Transport Minister Bill Marmion said the results were among the best ever and showed consumers believed the Liberal National Government was on the right track when it came to public transport.
"Passenger satisfaction with services in terms of frequency, reliability and safety is at an all-time high," Mr Marmion said.
"In support of the Passenger Survey Monitor, national consumer research company, Canstar, recently declared Transperth the winner of its City Trains - Most Satisfied Customers award for the fifth time in succession.
"These results reflect the State Government's commitment to providing a world-class transport service for West Australian commuters, families and visitors to WA.
"This Government has invested heavily in new railcars, stations, a new rail line to Forrestfield via the airport, new buses and bus priority lanes - improving frequency and capacity to the existing bus network has also been a priority.
"Transport capital and infrastructure in WA has never been better funded."
Key findings from the survey include:
- 92 per cent satisfaction among train passengers (91 per cent peak, 94 per cent off-peak)
- 89 per cent satisfaction among bus passengers - a new all-time high
- an average of 96 per cent satisfaction among CAT bus passengers - an equal all-time high result
- 95 per cent satisfaction among ferry passengers
- SmartRider use is at an all-time high with 98 per cent of users satisfied with the system
- the 950 Superbus was the second-highest rated non-CAT service, with 96 per cent satisfaction, just beaten by Joondalup bus passengers who said they were 97 per cent satisfied
- Perth CAT received the highest satisfaction rating from passengers at 98 per cent.
- Transperth bus punctuality in 2015-16 was at its best level in five years - 85.2 per cent
- Train on-time running was 95.5 per cent in 2015-16
- More information on the Passenger Satisfaction Monitor can be found here