Forget the reindeer, catch Transperth this festive season
More than 800 train and bus drivers, overhead maintenance and track teams, transit officers and customer service assistants and others will work on Christmas Day to get tens of thousands of people to and from their Christmas celebrations.
Transperth spokesman David Hynes said there were lots of reasons to catch public transport.
“If you are looking to indulge – sensibly of course – in some Christmas cheer, you can have peace of mind knowing that someone else is driving,” he said.
“It’s also very economical – a family of two adults and up to five children can travel all day for only $12.10 on a FamilyRider.”
“Bus and train services will operate on adjusted timetables, so I encourage all our festive-season passengers to plan their journey to ensure they get to their celebrations on time and with minimal fuss.”
Visit the Transperth website at www.transperth.wa.gov.au, download the Transperth App or call the Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13 for more information.
The following services will be running over the festive period:
Christmas Day – Friday 25 December 2015:
Bus services will operate on a Sunday/Public Holiday timetable, though there will be no CATs. Ferries will operate on a Sunday/Public Holiday timetable.
All train services (except Thornlie) will operate approximately every 30 minutes from the following times:
- Joondalup Line: Departing Perth from 7.15am and Butler from 6.33am
- Mandurah Line: Departing Perth from 7.15am and Mandurah from 6.20am
- Midland Line: Departing Perth from 7.00am and Midland from 7.00am
- Fremantle Line: Departing Perth from 7.00am and Fremantle from 7.26am
- Armadale Line: Departing Perth from 6.30am and Armadale from 7.16am (stops all stations throughout the day)
- Thornlie Line: Trains will operate every hour, departing Perth from 6.15am and Thornlie from 6.47am.
Boxing Day – Saturday December 26
Train and ferry services will operate on a Saturday timetable. Transperth buses, including Perth and Fremantle CATs will run on a Saturday timetable, but Joondalup CAT services will not operate.
Monday December 28
Train and ferry services will operate on a Sunday/Public Holiday timetable. Transperth buses, including Perth and Fremantle CATs will run on a Sunday/Public Holiday timetable, but Joondalup CAT services will not operate.