Remedial work to the eastern abutment of Goongoongup rail bridge is complete.
The work involved:
- Closure of the Principal Shared Path (PSP) entering and exiting the bridge until the works are complete
- Extensive earthworks
- Drilling and construction of two piles
- Fabrication of anchors
- Drilling of anchor bore holes
- Insertion of anchor and grouting
- Fabricating and pouring of reaction blocks
- Load testing of anchor
- Excavation below the approach structure
- Strengthening of the existing piles
- Insertion of concrete panels
Access to the PSP and the path over the bridge has re-opened.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org